welcome to design with nature
- applied research center
- model – a live nucleus
We hope to influence the policy and practice of energy conservation in the region’s public sector buildings by demonstrating a live nucleus case study of a green building that serves as an educational center and place of collaboration between local Egyptians and foreigners in Tunis village and beyond.
- Sustainable development and social entrepreneurship;
- Design With Nature’s vision aims to be an international learning centre for holistic education helping to provide a direction for those who want to live in balance with their natural environment enhancing awareness for a sustainable future;
- Cooperation in economic, social and cultural endeavours is cultivated through dedication to the pursuit of science, art and religion.
- Empower local villagers by spreading knowledge and experience small and decentral through training and education on a small scale;
- Develop and promote eco-friendly sustainable housing with renewable energy to enhance awareness of sustainable environment;
- Bridge craftsmanship, architecture, visual arts, landscaping & organic growing;
- Develop and stimulate community art: on location artists working together with local villagers to increase social cohesion and employment and empower local villagers.
- Learning programs will be set up in which young people will learn the craft of making mudbricks and how to built Nubian vaults and domes;
- Creating job opportunities for youth through empowering them with the skills and tools required to produce creative good quality mudbrick houses;
- Local labour & local empowerment use local human labour responding to cultural traditions and socio-economic needs;
- Interdisciplinair teamwork of local villagers, craftsmen, artists, architects;
- Local materials, maximum use and exploitation of locally available materials, desert rocks, desert clay to spare agricultural clay, low-cost, environmentally friendly construction materials;
- Local technology use of local construction technology, socially oriented cooperative construction techniques use simple and fast innovative building techniques with respect to energy efficiency and economic self-sufficiency;
- Sustainable materials using simple non-polluting production and construction methods and natural materials;
- Approach adopting a participatory approach with local communities and a mutal-learning process incorporating local construction knowledge;
- We organise workshops in mudbrick making and Nubian vault building for those who want to experience this ancient craft;
- Optimal use of climatic conditions, building sun and wind oriented, natural cooling and heating;
- Design With Nature strives to become self-supporting by renting the house to people who love the place.
- People of all ages and backgrounds;
- Local villagers, -farmers and -artists;
- National and international guests who want to live in balance with their environment and nature;
- National and international artists;
- A diversity of multi-ethnic users as local women, farmers, craftsmen, gardeners, local villagers, students from abroad, visitors and participants;
- It is ideal for local charities, governmental agencies and other groups seeking to turn around the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged people of all ages.
we need your help to get started
As a Design With Nature donor you are priviliged and will enjoy this Nubian mudbrick house, a simple beauty on its own. Crowdfunding can help us realizing this project. Choosing one of the options below will allow us to build this mudbrick house in time, setting out on an exciting tranquile place to slow down from 24/7. Any support is greatly appreciated.
Your privileges and rewards
As a crowdfunder you may really participate in building the house in Egypt with your hands in the soil. It gives you the opportunity to work on site together with our local workmen who will explain you how easy it is to build vaults and domes with mudbricks. If you prefer to interact with us from your comfortable chair at home we will provide the project with a live stream camera so you can see how we work with mud, sand, straw and water.
desert, water, farmland