Our target is to build a small mudbrick house. Built according to traditional Nubian earth architecture adding renewable energy. Domes and vaults and positioned on sun and wind. At an amazing location. A ‘must have’ when you see it.
Our building materials mud, sand, straw, water and limestone rocks, are all available within a circle of 4 km around our desired site.
- People of all ages and backgrounds;
- Local villagers, farmers and artists;
- National and international guests who want to live in balance with their environment and nature;
- National and international artists;
- A diversity of multi-ethnic users as local women, farmers, craftsmen, gardeners, local villagers, students from abroad, visitors and participants;
- It is ideal for local charities, governmental agencies and other groups seeking to turn around the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged people of all ages.
teamwork of architect, artists, craftsmen, local villagers;
- Local materials
maximum use and exploitation of locally available materials, desert limestone rocks, desert clay to spare agricultural clay, low-cost environmentally friendly construction materials;
- Local technology
use of local construction technology, socially oriented cooperative construction techniques use simple and fast innovative building techniques with respect to energy efficiency and economic self-sufficiency;
- Local labour & local empowerment
use local human labour responding to cultural traditions and socio-economic needs;
- Sustainable materials
using simple non-polluting production and construction methods and natural materials;
- Participatory approach
with local communities and a mutal-learning process incorporating local construction knowledge;
- Optimal use of climatic conditions
building sun and wind oriented, natural cooling and heating;
- Design With Nature strives to become self-supporting by renting the mudbrick house to people who love the place.
desert, water, farmland